Hagood Homes Makes Aging in Place a Reality
For many, the coastal Carolinas are the best place to retire. The region offers mild winters, a coastal lifestyle and numerous options for arts and entertainment. Plus, the cost of living is much lower compared with other parts of the country. So it’s no wonder that many of our buyers are 55+ or nearing retirement and are choosing a Hagood home for their second or third acts. Enjoying the life they’ve earned is easy in one of our custom homes. Our residents in Compass Pointe, St. James Plantation, Catherine’s Cove, Sea Pines and other communities in the coastal Carolinas are thriving thanks to what we like to call “The Hagood Difference.”
Aging in Place
Aging in place means making a conscious decision to stay in your home for as long as you are able. Our home plans are designed with comforts and conveniences that make aging in place a reality. Perfect for enjoying coastal sunsets, outdoor leisure and family meals together, our homes support active lifestyles at every age. Our plan designer, Troy Kenny, has intentionally included design features that cater to people who want to age in place. In contrast, homes that lack these features can make some everyday tasks seem burdensome.
Design Features for Aging in Place
We strive to help our buyers stay in their own homes for as long as possible. Because we want you to build your own legacy in your Hagood home, we’ve designed plans that are customizable to meet your lifestyle, needs and design vision.
The Hagood Difference includes several unique features designed with our buyers in mind and to allow for a fantastic quality of life while aging in place:
- Spacious, open floor plans for optimal mobility
- Master-on-main floor plans that offer easy access to the master bedroom
- Oversized suites and master baths that provide luxury, comfort and ease-of-use
- Zero-step shower entry for safety and accessibility
- Expanded footings for reduced maintenance and better structural soundness; our footings are double the width required by North Carolina and South Carolina building codes
- Walk-in attic storage for safe and easy access to keepsakes and less-used items
- Wide interior doors in main living area for accessibility and openness
6-foot windows to maximize natural light and reduce eye strain (not to mention energy costs!)
- Quality cabinets with soft-close drawers for ease of use
- Motion-activated lights in pantry to reduce eye strain and for added convenience
- Eight-foot deep porches for more enjoyment and better accessibility; our porches are 25 percent deeper than those on homes built by other builders
- Screened-in and covered rear patio and outdoor living areas for enjoying the outdoors with less exposure to the elements
Retire in the Coastal Carolinas in a Hagood Home
We are proud custom home builders who work in Hilton Head, Wilmington and throughout the coastal Carolinas. We have a reputation for constructing highly livable, quality homes. We design and build homes in some of the finest, amenity-rich neighborhoods in the coastal Carolinas. Contact us today to discover the possibilities!