Custom Designed Homes
Our custom home design service helps dreamers turn their concepts into homes that are uniquely theirs. From winding staircases, to handcrafted built-ins to custom pools and patios, Hagood Homes’ design services bring unique features to life, creating timeless and one-of-a-kind homes for our clients.
Custom home plans are developed with your building site and budget in mind. Our design team brings inspiration and experience, and then manages the details to ensure your project stays on point.
Troy Kenny’s passion for architectural design blossomed at the age of five. Driven by her desire to use her organizational and design skills in her career, she attended Meredith College and earned a Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in interior design. In the years since college, she has experienced success in real estate sales, home design and residential construction. She enjoys staying up-to-date on customer preferences and the latest design trends. Troy, along with her husband Jim, founded Hagood Homes in 1996, and together they have worked with more than 1500 families to create homes that are truly original.
Our Design Philosophy
We listen, share, create and refine our house plans, and sometimes refine them again and again. Our desire is to help your bring your ideas to reality by delivering house plans that make your home even more enjoyable than you envisioned. Our home plans allow you to design your own custom home, one that has a distinct personality and timeless appeal.
We invite those interested in the art of living well to consider a custom designed Hagood Home.
The Hagood Advantage
- Creating house plans is not just a job of us. It is an opportunity we are passionate about. We love what we do!
- Our home plans incorporate abundant natural light that is filtered through windows, doors and open spaces.
- Our house plans include interior design and furniture placement to show function and flow.
- The goal for each house plan we create is to reflect the coastal Carolinas’ history and architecture. Our home designs all have strong curb appeal.
- We create floor plans that provide greater livability, utility and function with less wasted space.
- Our house plans incorporate innovative features such as furniture-style cabinets, large work and leisure islands, bunk rooms, guest suites with private lounge areas, barn-rail doors and other design features that are both functional and timeless.
- Flex areas are an important lifestyle choice, and our home plans typically include space that can be adapted for media rooms, craft areas, play spaces or home offices.
- Well-planned outdoor living rooms for entertaining and enjoying the coastal Carolinas’ natural beauty are integral to our home designs.