What to Expect When Building A Custom Home
We know you can’t wait to move into your Hagood Home and start enjoying a better lifestyle. Our turnkey home-building process takes only 33 weeks from start to finish. We use a proven approach to homebuilding so you’ll know what’s happening at every step of the journey. Here’s what to expect when building a custom home with Hagood Homes.
Designing Your Home
The first step is choosing your Hagood Home. When you spend time designing the home to fit your unique needs and lifestyle, it will become a place that is functional and a joy to live in.
- Tour other houses built by Hagood Homes to gain design ideas and a sense of their flow
- Select your neighborhood home plan to find the layout that is right for your lifestyle
- Plan overlay
- Define changes
- Discuss construction financing options to help make your dream a reality
- Finalize home design and make refinements
- Review proposal
- Approve construction specifications
- Contract signing
Now that you’ve chosen all the details of your home and signed a contract, it’s time for us to get to get to work. We’ll take care of the permitting and regulatory process so you don’t have to worry about it.
Here is what you can expect from us during the next stages your homebuilding project:
- Review plan
- Work with you to select exterior finishes and colors, cabinets, counter tops, flooring and fixtures
- Perform site survey
- Submit design for architectural review
- File permit applications
- Ensure regulatory approvals are received
Preparing the Site
Next, we prepare the site, pour the foundation and begin framing your home. We’ll also install plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems at this stage.
- Clear building site
- Construct footers and foundation
- Start and complete framing, roof and dry in
- Complete electrical walk-through and framing inspection
- Create landscaping design plan
- Install mechanicals and insulation
- Install drywall
Build and Finish-out
The real fun starts as we install all the things that make your house a home. At this stage, we’ll include all of your custom selections for exterior finishes and colors, cabinets, counter tops, flooring and fixtures. It’s also time for you to start packing and preparing to move into your new home!
- Finish carpentry
- Install flooring
- Design and install closets
- Complete landscaping and install irrigation system
- Meet with you for new-owner orientation
- Completion close
We have built more than 1,200 homes in the coastal Carolinas and pay close attention to the details every step of the way. We are passionate about creating homes that our buyers love and educating them about home building. We’re here if you have any questions at all throughout the process!